Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2005-113 (Twist Top)

Reviewed by:seKimberlyso

Danvillegirl said... (5/13/05 5:44 AM) Reply
Top looks nice.
seKimberlyso said... (5/12/05 4:51 PM) Reply

seKimberlyso said... (5/12/05 4:50 PM) Reply
REPLY: SewingSkater. No elastic, yucky. I went simple. I serged the edge of the armhole, then turned, pressed and top stitched with a long straight stitch stretching slightly as I sewed. Neckline in front, just serged the edge, turned, pressed and double stitched. I didn’t have a double needle so I just sewed it twice. :) Neckline in back used facing of self material right sides together stitched, then turned over, pressed and double stitched like the front. Sew the twist pieces much closer to the center then the drawing shows. Come in nearly ¾”-1”or so, this leaves less of a hole and less raw edge, and adjust the twist so its all folded under and out of sight. I basted all my twist layers together first, so I could make adjustments. Any ?’s just PM me.
Vonnevo said... (5/12/05 3:55 PM) Reply
Another great Burda top :)))) We can't have too many of these..sleeveless, cap sleeves and 3/4 sleeves..plains, patterns.
SewingSkater said... (5/12/05 3:39 PM) Reply
I love love love the color! That's the great thing about so many people reviewing it.. you can see what it looks like in all different colors. What did you do about the raw edge... I was wondering what to do about that on mine. Also, how did you finish your armholes and neckline without using elastic... help me learn!
Frogstitcher said... (5/12/05 12:29 PM) Reply
There must be only a few of us who haven't sewn this up yet. Every review is helpful and thank you for your's. The color of your top is very pretty and it looks very flattering on you.
Peggy L said... (5/12/05 12:22 PM) Reply
Really looks nice! Pretty color.
Gus2 said... (5/12/05 12:17 PM) Reply
Noticed that Talbots had a twist top on display yesterday. I never remember prices but it was up there as is your top.. in looks. As soon as my home dec. binge is over this top goes to the top of the list.
Gigi Louis said... (5/12/05 12:02 PM) Reply
See? All that agonizing for nothing! Your top looks fantastic on you - very flattering. I never get tired of this pattern.
LisaLS said... (5/12/05 11:36 AM) Reply
Looks great!!! Sigh...I've been trying to make more, but the two latest ones have been wadders. I'm thinking I just had beginner's luck. Hope you do better than me!
Cambric Tea said... (5/12/05 11:30 AM) Reply
A great style for you, and what a nice color! I think it's always good to have as many reviews of a pattern as possible, since every reviewer is shaped differently. The more the better!
PegL said... (5/12/05 11:13 AM) Reply
Your twist top is really cute! Dare I review the one I just made too?!
melgosews said... (5/12/05 11:11 AM) Reply
I am not tired of it, yours looks nice. I made the cap sleeve in white, but DH won't let me wear it in public. I had to make a small bust adjustment. My first one was awful, the second one is great, although I changed the instructions and did it my way.
els said... (5/12/05 10:58 AM) Reply
seKimberlyso your twist top looks great on you too.

by: tanyamaile