Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4783 (Skirt)

Reviewed by:Tailypo

About Tailypostarstarstar
Member since: 8/6/03
Posted on:5/16/05 3:34 AM
Last Updated:5/16/05 7:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
GraceGarden said... (7/20/08 0:34 AM) Reply
A delightful read! I enjoy her "ins and outs" of garment construction. The wonderful way she includes humor as well as honesty makes sewing seem a fun adventure, instead of the frightful mystery it sometimes becomes. I truly do appreciate seeing her "honest" measurements and photos -- for some of us "unbalanced" people it eases the pain and shows us how we can actually look in specific clothing. The links she references (attaches) is also quite helpful!
lornakismet said... (5/21/06 4:42 PM) Reply
Someone should write a review on your review. It is amusing and informative! Oh yes-- the skirt is cute too. -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
MaryBeth said... (9/8/05 10:39 AM) Reply
So cute. Love the informative review as well.
eightyferrettoes said... (9/8/05 4:31 AM) Reply
That was so funny! Well, now I'm running right out tommorrow to buy that pattern.
Gigi Louis said... (5/25/05 6:02 PM) Reply
What an adorable retro-looking skirt! I love the fabric.
alysonwonderlan said... (5/16/05 1:20 PM) Reply
I am so in love with this skirt! Argh! Now I have to go buy ANOTHER pattern!
ccdcar said... (5/16/05 12:52 PM) Reply
Such a cute skirt and a funny review--very helpful. I think the way the pattern fits together looks great--it helps to see the yoke detail. Adorable!!!!!
Evatgirl73 said... (5/16/05 12:07 PM) Reply
Very cute, and I too loved your review!!! Very funny! FWIW, I have to agree w jacalhoun about the zipper thing... definitely do it from the bottom, it's not difficult but you'll keep the top part intact to prevent the zipper pull flying off (and it is a PAIN to get abck on correctly, LOL, Don't ask me how I know this..!) ;-) Very very cute skirt!!!
jacalhoun said... (5/16/05 9:40 AM) Reply
Fun review and good skirt! One comment: The first zipper I did told me to cut the top off, so I did unquestioningly. Before I finished it, I proudly showed my husband that I did it right, and accidently pulled the zipper pull off the top. The next zipper I did told me to cut the bottom off. I tried that and liked it better. Now what I do is sew it in whole, with the zipper pull about 1" below the top. After I've gotten it completely sewn in, THEN I cut off the excess from the bottom. I don't have to make a new zipper stop at the bottom because stitching across the zipper at the bottom took care of that. That's how I've done EVERY zipper since. It's much easier than sewing a new stop at the top, which may or may not hold.
Hilary said... (5/16/05 8:54 AM) Reply
ROFLMAO-you are so astute to to give that "NO BEER" advice-if only someone had told me *never* to drink margarita's while sewing :D maybe I could've saved myself the other day when I made a skirt in one *very* long evening, having to rip the same seam(s) a total of eight times (or was it ten?? I lost count, lol). Great review, as always. And your skirt is adorable-I love the tulle!
Teri said... (5/16/05 8:35 AM) Reply
Very fun review, thanks. I discovered that a glass of red wine and matching prints is not a good thing:)
Maychi said... (5/16/05 8:35 AM) Reply
Cute skirt and very entertaining review!
ryan's mom said... (5/16/05 8:31 AM) Reply
Cute skirt and I liked reading your reviw.
CarolynGM said... (5/16/05 7:24 AM) Reply
Cute skirt in a very nice print. I enjoyed reading your very entertaining review.
ladylola said... (5/16/05 6:59 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt!! And a fun review, as usual, thanks!
elizajo said... (5/16/05 6:55 AM) Reply
Cute skirt, worth the extra effort to line and add the tulle ruffle. By the way, Tailypo, since you are a librarian, are you named after the folk tale character?
Vonnevo said... (5/16/05 6:25 AM) Reply
Oh, I love your humorous review:))) The fabric is right out there and wonderful. Congratulations on making a great looking skirt. Wine does the same thing..more than one glass and I can't sew a straight line !
jlg said... (5/16/05 5:35 AM) Reply
Very funny, and I really like your cute skirt.
PegL said... (5/16/05 5:08 AM) Reply
Cute skirt! Your review is fun to read! I really enjoy your sense of humor!
Allisonsews said... (5/16/05 4:00 AM) Reply
OMG, This last comment kept me busting up at work all day. Time to give up the library and write your own book.
els said... (5/16/05 3:55 AM) Reply
Pretty skirt , nice fabric and thanks for the entertaining review.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2007-118