Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6143 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Pinkytoo

About Pinkytoostarstarstar
Member since: 6/23/06
Posted on:11/30/13 7:39 PM
Last Updated:12/1/13 6:43 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

misslady said... (10/4/15 4:05 PM) Reply
Love that lace! Nice work!
nothy lane said... (2/25/14 1:46 PM) Reply
I love this dress. Great job. I am in the middle of making my version and I was wondering about how to support the waist line. Thanks for your review- I'm going to add groisgrain ribbon too.
Chempac said... (12/7/13 11:09 AM) Reply
I am in awe! What a fantastic dress!
Vintagelover said... (12/1/13 9:23 AM) Reply
your dress is outstanding. your creative use of this fabric and pattern are phenomenal - well done!!
LlanoGirl said... (12/1/13 9:11 AM) Reply
Wow, you have created something truly unique and beautiful! I love it!
Pinkytoo said... (12/1/13 8:59 AM) Reply
Miss Fairchild, the "fringe" is part of the fabric - I didn't have to add it. In fact I thought for a while of cutting it off but everyone I asked said to leave it. :-)
Miss Fairchild said... (12/1/13 7:51 AM) Reply
You are a knockout! Gorgeous dress. The color is excellent, with the bits of red in the fabric. It goes excellent with your soft features. I'm sure you know that part of making a garment look good is not only how pretty the garment itself is, but how nice it looks on us. And you certainly have accomplished that. At first, I thought the dress was two pieces but then saw it's a dress. And that scarf hem! So popular in the early 70's, as it was my favorite hem for cocktail wear. And you pulled it off--bringing back a stunning retro look. To think it was the way you cut the fabric---on the cross grain. And the fringe. I never would have thought to add it. A lot of work, but a big, big payoff, I'd say! And a stellar review.
EleanorSews said... (12/1/13 7:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Fits so well and your efforts resulted in an absolutely beautiful dress. The style with pleats not gathers is really nice.
Pinkytoo said... (12/1/13 6:31 AM) Reply
Sewingcanary -see my edited note in the review and the link to the Emma One Sock listing. :-)
Terri A said... (12/1/13 1:50 AM) Reply
So stylish and *wow* fabric!!!!
SewLibra said... (12/1/13 0:41 AM) Reply
Love your dress! It's so dressy and chic, and the fabric is gorgeous. Poor bride, everyone at the wedding will be looking at YOUR dress. :-0
Vonnevo said... (12/1/13 0:40 AM) Reply
So beautiful & stylish !!!!!
cmcarr said... (11/30/13 11:59 PM) Reply
Baja Susana said... (11/30/13 10:49 PM) Reply
This is a stunning cocktail dress and perfect for a winter wedding. The fabric is gorgeous, you did an amazing job, and wrote a very nice review. A stylish dress for a woman over 50 or under. It fits you beautifully and your sewing skills shine through. I love seeing a mature woman making a stylish, edgy dress. You rocked this cocktail dress.
MrsCharisma said... (11/30/13 10:20 PM) Reply
What fun fabric!! The dress is gorgeous on you as well!! And congrats on the weight loss! :)
sewingcanary said... (11/30/13 9:26 PM) Reply
SWEET!!! If the colors look half as good in real life as they do on my computer screen you have a WINNER – absolutely gorgeous! I’m curious how you did the fringe. It looks like it matches the appliqués. Did you do all of them? Whatever you did - WOW! 
carolinablue said... (11/30/13 8:08 PM) Reply
great dress...your hard work was worth it!

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern