Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2648 (Misses & Miss Petite Dress: Amazing Fit Collection)

Reviewed by:missyyz

About missyyzstar
ON Canada
Member since: 2/6/09
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:12/8/13 6:24 PM

ArtAttack said... (1/1/14 11:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Not sure how I missed this earlier...great job.
Sew Good said... (12/23/13 0:39 AM) Reply
Perfect! Nice fabric choice for the pattern. Nice work!
missyyz said... (12/9/13 8:05 AM) Reply
ok.. Thanks all. Today I'm going through all of the tutorials mentioned above. I've never spent this much $$ on a fabric piece before and it does deserve a lining. I'll update the review once I am done !! Faced linings seem beyond my abilities at this point but I will investigate.
annem54 said... (12/9/13 7:07 AM) Reply
I love your take on this dress. Fabric looks good and I don't see it as upside down, but perfectly placed. I think I have this pattern and based on your review, will give it a go and will look at the other tutorial suggestions for lining as I too would want that. Well done and good luck with the next.
Danvillegirl said... (12/9/13 5:28 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. There is a very nice book on linings, except as I write this I cannot remember the name of it. It addresses a lot of lining methods.
Marie-Claude said... (12/9/13 4:41 AM) Reply
Gorgeous print, love the placement! Very beautiful dress!
SewLibra said... (12/9/13 0:34 AM) Reply
Stunning dress! I just turned my laptop upside down and determined you cut the fabric perfectly just the way it is. The design is centered in the front and it looks great. :-)
KarlaB said... (12/9/13 0:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I looked twice, and still did not see how the fabric could be "upside down". You did a lovely job, and it looks like you've designed a perfect fit!
CissieW said... (12/8/13 10:49 PM) Reply
Very pretty, classic dress. Your daughter must be thrilled! Adding a lining is not difficult at all. I'm with you-- I hate facings.
Jstarr4250 said... (12/8/13 7:04 PM) Reply
Another great tutorial is the Slapdash Sewist's clean finish bodice lining method. http://theslapdashsewist.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-machine-clean-finish-sleeveless.html It's very user friendly and gives great results. Cut your lining pieces using the pattern then trim away 1/8" to allow the lining to roll to the underside. I agree- this gorgeous fabric deserves a full lining!
Immelu said... (12/8/13 6:43 PM) Reply
Looking good! Here's one tutorial for a lined sleeveless dress: http://sewaholic.net/sewing-the-lining-into-the-cambie-dress/ Here's another: http://blithestitches.com/tutorials-tips-and-tricks/tutorial-how-to-line-a-sleeveless-dress/ I haven't personally used either one of those, so you should look at them closely to see if they'd work for your dress. One thing I would recommend on a fancy dress like this would be to do a faced lining. Basically, I'd start with a full lining piece from the dress pattern then, just sew those facings onto the lining, then connect the lining with the dress in your chosen method. Faced linings just seem so much nicer to me! Here's a pinterest site with many lining options. Have fun! http://www.pinterest.com/bigshine/sewing-linings-and-facing-101/

by: juliamorle...