Pattern Reviews> Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick> SB309 (Mimosa Blouse)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:12/30/13 10:47 PM
Last Updated:12/30/13 10:50 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick: SB309 by Debbie Cook  Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick: SB309 by Debbie Cook
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
careymoonbeam said... (3/24/14 3:04 PM) Reply
What a treat! I came to PR looking for a bit of help on SBCC patterns (basically, am I supposed to butt those pages together?!) and came across the famous Debbie Cook! (I see your comments on MPB all the time.) And , of course, she had the answer! Very super top (and now I am hooked into your blog where you posted about the Tonic tee, the very top I am making!) Thanks for all your great tips and for the detailed review.
sewintheforest said... (1/10/14 2:24 PM) Reply
I just finished making this blouse! Love it and yours looks fabulous! I found the fit a bit big for me (XL as per measurements) so will size down to L for next one. Also, I changed the order because I didn't think the finished edges would work as in the instructions. I basted the ties to the front between steps 8 and 9 (the last 2 steps so after sewing the neck binding and before sewing the front of the sleeve). Am usually not a bow person but you're right, just perfect!
beachy247 said... (1/3/14 10:34 PM) Reply
Wonderful review. Love the trim on the tie, it really sets the garmet as a blouse and not just a top. For GrammaSewn - Indie is short for Independent Pattern Designer, meaning not one of the larger companies: Butterick, Simplicity, Vogue, etc.
KathySews said... (1/3/14 7:42 AM) Reply
Great top from a new designer. I am freezing right now but this looks good for spring/summer. Love your blog details.
SewLibra said... (12/31/13 9:05 PM) Reply
Really cute! Love the small floral print.
Dee2 said... (12/31/13 1:40 PM) Reply
I too would have walked right past this pattern but your version is so pretty that it is added to my wish list!
JTink said... (12/31/13 12:19 PM) Reply
Very flattering :-) I love the piping around the ties.
GrammaSewn said... (12/31/13 11:56 AM) Reply
Thank you for the full description. Nice fit! Can you explain what Indie pattern means?
lyndle said... (12/31/13 1:53 AM) Reply
Yours is much nicer than the pattern pic. Loved your story about the tie bindings- will watch out for that when choosing fabric! Both these tops have turned out really nicely on you, true petite or not. You're a continuing inspiration!
mudcat said... (12/31/13 0:34 AM) Reply
This pattern wouldn't have attracted me but your rendition is spot on.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns