Pattern Reviews> Neue Mode> 23219 (A-line skirts)

Reviewed by:drsue

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

AnneM said... (5/30/05 8:09 AM) Reply
Funny that two reviews of this skirt get posted so close together. Thanks for the "full fanny" tip; nice idea.
KiwiWendy said... (5/29/05 11:47 PM) Reply
This pattern's godet idea is a great one ... even if the ironing is a real problem. You've made a "flat" pattern come alive
PegL said... (5/29/05 6:30 PM) Reply
What a great skirt! I look forward to seeing your next version!
Danvillegirl said... (5/29/05 6:10 PM) Reply
Wow! we were pretty much on the same wave length in making this skirt. Looks almost like the same color. I had the same issue with godet matching up but forgot that when I wrote my review. I just evened it up when I serge finished the skirt edge and it came out okay. I love the poofy godet. Sorry you did not like that feature. I think the drapeyier the fabric, the better it folds and lays. It is hard to iron. I might try putting the zipper in the back next time.
MaryBeth said... (5/29/05 4:54 PM) Reply
Took one look and said, "That's Linda's skirt!" They both are fantastic and I'm in love the the poofy godet theory. I'd love to see it on you drsue. I think the poofy godt would add width to my frame but you'd look smashing, I think.
MaryBeth said... (5/29/05 4:34 PM) Reply
Took one look and said, "That's Linda's skirt!" They both are fantastic and I'm in love the the poofy godet theory. I'd love to see it on you drsue. Perhaps the poofy godet would add width to my frame but you'd look smashing, I'll bet.
PVA said... (5/29/05 4:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review -- you make this pattern sound like a wardrobe-builder when I'd never know that just looking at a photo in the catalogue. I love your skirt, & I really thank you for the construction method for a FF! (as in "Me too"!) I'll have to look at your tip for a centered zipper -- I saw it on the home page but I didn't "get it" so I haven't read it yet. So, TIA!
drsue said... (5/29/05 3:58 PM) Reply
Irena: I don't think it makes me look taller because of all the fullness. I think "view D" might do that though. I don't think it makes me look shorter at least!
CarolynGM said... (5/29/05 3:23 PM) Reply
This is a very cool skirt, apparently with lots of possibilities for future incarnations. I had seen the other review also and was intrigued by the unusual godet. Does it make you look taller?
jlg said... (5/29/05 1:50 PM) Reply
Very nice. I also like the idea of the lace godet. That would be very cool.
Gigi Louis said... (5/29/05 1:41 PM) Reply
So pretty! I just love NM patterns.
drsue said... (5/29/05 1:36 PM) Reply
Karmeng: thanks for pointing out the other reivew! I missed it. she must have posted it as I was making it up because I had searched the reviews before I started.
KarmenG said... (5/29/05 1:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the good review. This is a pretty skirt. Someone else had recently reviewed the skirt and I'm getting the idea the godet is a "pain" but worth it. Your skirt looks beautiful.
Debbie Cook said... (5/29/05 12:59 PM) Reply
I'm glad the pattern "surprise" was a good one. This looks like it will be a fun skirt to wear, and I really like your idea for the more formal silk version with lace. Great zip tip too!

by: Jstarr4250