Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8975 (Misses' Dress and Jacket)

Reviewed by:Sharon M

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Leslie Bonner said... (4/23/14 8:51 PM) Reply
Really cute.
schmammy said... (3/28/14 10:50 AM) Reply
I'm actively searching for fabric to make this dress! Your review and photos are great...thanks so much. I just can't do the black here in Texas!
ISewedIt said... (2/18/14 11:24 PM) Reply
I love this!
kkkkaty said... (2/18/14 1:53 PM) Reply
love it, just finished this one too, but I like your fabric better, those great colors with the black are wonderful! According to Martha, who reviewed this one before (and verified with Marcy), the extra 2 in is supposed to be sewn to the hem, at the point where you are told to "break" the stitches.
Michele Lommasson said... (2/18/14 11:57 AM) Reply
It's much cuter than I thought it would be. Your version is darling. Nice review.
VivianZ said... (2/18/14 8:37 AM) Reply
I love the fabric combo. Great choice and cute dress.
Danvillegirl said... (2/18/14 5:27 AM) Reply
Cute dress. Your version makes the pattern look much better. Helpful review about the pattern fit.
Sharon M said... (2/17/14 6:33 PM) Reply
meadowclark - thanks! I never thought about it but black is a good choice for a dress with volume. Carolunw and Sewtime - thanks!
Sharon M said... (2/17/14 3:57 PM) Reply
Ann Smith -I totally thought of you when I was sewing this- definitely an "ann" patter! You'll rock it!
sewtime said... (2/17/14 2:47 PM) Reply
Your dress is even prettier then the one on the package.
carolynw said... (2/17/14 2:17 PM) Reply
Have to tell you that looking at the pattern envelope left me cold so passed this. However your dress is absolutely beautiful - Vogue should use your dress!
Ann Smith said... (2/17/14 2:16 PM) Reply
Great dress. I must get that pattern out NOW
Sharon M said... (2/17/14 10:04 AM) Reply
linda 75142 -Thanks for letting me know. It's been fixed! Someone sent me a tweet with the message they were getting and I was able to remove the link to the blog that was causing the malware alert.
linda 75142 said... (2/17/14 9:38 AM) Reply
When I went to your blog, I got a malware warning so immediately clicked out. Don't know if it's just my computer.........your dress is so cute!
meadowclark said... (2/17/14 9:21 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. I appreciate your tips and suggestions. I think I read a reviewer discuss that 2" bit…The dress looks amazing. I like the choice of black for a dress that has volume.

by: cathy45