Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8856 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:SewWil

About SewWilstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 11/10/10
Posted on:2/26/14 9:22 PM
Last Updated:2/26/14 9:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
MNBarb said... (2/26/15 11:46 AM) Reply
You have a creative brain to see potential when looking at the Vogue version of this top. You ended up with such a flattering design with the darker side panels. Nice work!
AnneM said... (9/11/14 7:21 AM) Reply
Love your version of this top! Fantastic use of your fabrics.
Jeanette L. said... (8/23/14 3:50 PM) Reply
I love the fabric choice you made with this top! Now that fall is around the corner I'm looking to make some long sleeve tops. Also, I appreciate all of the work you have posted including choice of fabric and the quality of your sewing and tailoring. It's very inspiring! Thank you.
Danvillegirl said... (7/15/14 5:23 AM) Reply
I missed your review previously. Wow you made this pattern look great. I never liked this pattern because of the garment the model is wearing, ugly fabric. Your top looks fabulous.
KG2 said... (3/26/14 7:13 PM) Reply
You should have done the pattern cover. I did not even give it a second glance 'til I saw your make. Great fabric choices. Love it
megumi said... (3/8/14 11:38 PM) Reply
Wow! Great pattern matching and the top is very flattering.
Kay Y said... (3/7/14 7:06 AM) Reply
I had exactly the same reaction as everyone else. This is gorgeous. What, however, was Vogue thinking?
ceedee said... (3/3/14 2:21 PM) Reply
I would have passed right past this pattern if all I saw was the company's pic. Your version is fabulous! It's attractive and so flattering. Vogue may owe you a thank you - I'm sure they'll be selling a few extra of these soon! Really, what a great eye you had for fabric and style; very cool.
Sewcoastal said... (3/1/14 11:08 PM) Reply
This really caught my eye, it's a perfect combination of fabrics. I want one ;)
pamscott said... (3/1/14 7:33 PM) Reply
Really lovely. Your version should be on pattern envelope .
GoodbyeValntino said... (2/28/14 5:00 PM) Reply
Oh wow! You hit a home run with this one - a true winner!
STARG said... (2/28/14 11:50 AM) Reply
What else can one say! I agree with everyone's comments and need to purchase this pattern ASAP.
threaddy said... (2/28/14 11:16 AM) Reply
Such a tasteful choice of fabrics. I think Vogue should change their photo to yours. Yours pops theirs looks like a wadder. Thank you so much for bringing this excellent pattern to life! VaVaVoom!
sewing for fun said... (2/27/14 11:37 PM) Reply
Agree with ArtAttack! Very creative fabric use, looks wonderful!
prttynpnk said... (2/27/14 5:37 PM) Reply
You saved this pattern from oblivion for me! Nicely done.
aaltje said... (2/27/14 4:18 PM) Reply
You did make the pattern interesting indeed, I totally agree with ArtAttack. What a fabulous shirt.
Sew4Fun said... (2/27/14 3:43 PM) Reply
Wow! I hadn't even noticed this pattern and now I have to have it. I suddenly have so many ideas after seeing your version. As others have said Vogue should pay you.
oldsewandsew said... (2/27/14 3:40 PM) Reply
That is really a cute top! I'll have to get this pattern!
Erin Sooit said... (2/27/14 10:41 AM) Reply
Gorgeous combination. Have thjis pattern in my stash, now I want to use it! Thank you for the review. :) And I agree with Art Attack & Morisot
Barbara said... (2/27/14 9:37 AM) Reply
I love what you did with this pattern!
Amanda.Claire said... (2/27/14 9:36 AM) Reply
Awesome! I love your interpretation. As always, your sewing is perfection
clotheshorse said... (2/27/14 8:37 AM) Reply
Fabulous top! That fabric is really gorgeous, you know how to combine fabric and patterns, too bad Vogue doesn't ! ;)
cleverkitty said... (2/27/14 7:42 AM) Reply
Lucy you hit the jackpot on this pattern, I'm buying it at the next vogue pattern sale. So this friend in Quebec I keep hearing about does she know we love her fabric she sends you, maybe your next trip back home I should meet up with you :)
Guelphgurl said... (2/27/14 6:28 AM) Reply
What everyone else said! Wonderful top!
cocosloft said... (2/27/14 6:27 AM) Reply
Well, you made a pretty top! Outdid the envelope pics by a mile! Very nice work.
JDpenelope said... (2/27/14 5:45 AM) Reply
Gosh, what a great look you've achieved.
jlg said... (2/27/14 5:03 AM) Reply
Very cool!
Dilliander said... (2/27/14 4:44 AM) Reply
Fabulous top! Your fabric choice is perfect and really showcases this pattern.
jenmcn said... (2/27/14 0:25 AM) Reply
I'll add my voice to the chorus--love it!
frame said... (2/27/14 0:21 AM) Reply
I wasn't even slightly attracted to this pattern before I saw your version. Nice job.
Terri A said... (2/27/14 0:15 AM) Reply
Oooooooh gorgeous top!
Jrhee said... (2/26/14 11:57 PM) Reply
I also agree - it is so much better than the pattern envelope!
ISewedIt said... (2/26/14 11:35 PM) Reply
I love the fabric you chose for this.
cmcarr said... (2/26/14 11:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
Lori V said... (2/26/14 11:25 PM) Reply
This is such a great top and I would have never looked at that pattern. Great job.
Elona said... (2/26/14 11:25 PM) Reply
This is startling! I would never have thought of this pattern based on the vogue illustration. Thanks for the heads up, and for showing your lovely Tee.
chenille said... (2/26/14 11:08 PM) Reply
You always have such a great, unique take on putting your fabrics together - another winner !
Jstarr4250 said... (2/26/14 11:05 PM) Reply
A perfect example of a great fabric making all the difference. What vision you had to sew this design in your beautiful knit. It's just wonderful.
Barbara V said... (2/26/14 10:43 PM) Reply
Totally fantastic! Love your fabric combinations.
Sew Good said... (2/26/14 10:29 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric! I love your shirt!
Immelu said... (2/26/14 10:12 PM) Reply
Wow, great blouse...I never looked twice at this pattern because the cover photo totally turned me off!! I agree --Vogue should contact you! Great job!
sergette said... (2/26/14 10:11 PM) Reply

sergette said... (2/26/14 10:11 PM) Reply
I agree with ArtAttack. The shiny cheesy fabric that Vogue used turned me off, but your choice really makes this pattern smoke! I like the way the angles and your use of the pattern and the solid accentuate the waist. Very nice.
Sue Parrott said... (2/26/14 10:11 PM) Reply
So cute! I made this for my daughter and she LOVES it! I should review it as well. It's very cute!
Morisot said... (2/26/14 9:59 PM) Reply
Vogue should pay you and put your version on their pattern envelope. Yours is fabulous!
ArtAttack said... (2/26/14 9:52 PM) Reply
Wow...never in a million years would I have looked at this pattern based on the envelope but yours is dynamite! What fabulous fabric! So unique and so you!

All About Linings