Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Grommet Top Curtains (Grommet Top Curtains)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:3/4/14 12:15 PM
No Pattern Used: Grommet Top Curtains by Deepika No Pattern Used: Grommet Top Curtains by Deepika
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Pj3g said... (3/6/14 8:02 PM) Reply
I love these and your story! Glad to have the link on how to make these because I think I want to make some curtains in this style!
grey ann said... (3/5/14 7:35 PM) Reply
These look greatt! Nice job.
ceedee said... (3/5/14 12:42 PM) Reply
Love your story & the vertical stripe curtains - one of my fav looks. Large grommet project in my future. I love home dec projects. Yes, lots of yardage fitting fluffy girlie curves! So much easier imo :-) Anyway, your daughters room = so cheerful!! (edited to correct auto-correct, as usual. grrr.!)
sewgirlygirl-knot! said... (3/5/14 12:30 PM) Reply
Deepika, Thanks so much for the story, it is so nice to see how it all began. The curtains are wonderful!
mssewcrazy said... (3/5/14 6:01 AM) Reply
Love the curtains and the fabric-great work. I have done home dec through the years but feel the same way about it.It's just a lot of fabric to handle but the result is so fabulous. I have never used the big grommets before will have to give them a try when curtains have to happen again.
1SewSweet said... (3/5/14 5:07 AM) Reply
Very pretty curtains Deepika! You did a great job with them! I don't like home dec projects...but your curtains sure make me rethink these types of projects!
SewLibra said... (3/5/14 1:24 AM) Reply
What a funny review and what great curtains! You hated it, really? I love home dec projects except all that yardage can be a pain. They turned out great!
marjieco said... (3/4/14 9:03 PM) Reply
what great looking curtains. Love the colors.
vannie said... (3/4/14 5:59 PM) Reply
You may never do it again, but you can be proud of these curtains. Yes, curtains can be rather boring, all those straight lines. Very pretty!
SavageCoco said... (3/4/14 5:49 PM) Reply
Deepika - Been There. Done That. Drapes. And absolutley NEVER. EVER. AGAIN. Love your green and white stripes!
slmstyle said... (3/4/14 2:35 PM) Reply
Ha, ha! What a great story! And your curtains and other home dec accessories came out really great! Congrats on a job well done, and many, many thanks for creating's been a wonderful resource for sewing and meeting fellow sewing enthusiasts!
Tindi said... (3/4/14 1:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful curtains and room coordination!
MrsCharisma said... (3/4/14 1:34 PM) Reply
What a beautiful story!! :) Gorgeous! I want to sew curtains for my kitchen...not functional (e.g. to keep light out) but just decorative. I think I will do that next week. You've inspired me!
Carol Mendoza said... (3/4/14 12:56 PM) Reply
Love the print and color. I may have to try doing grommet topped next.
DrawThroughTime said... (3/4/14 12:55 PM) Reply
I also hate making curtains! I finally made a simple ruffled bathroom curtain and I like it a lot, but hated doing it. I'd sooner make a very complicated halloween costume with an intricately sculpted animal head piece and all..., without a pattern; than a simple square curtain. I fully understand and agree! But what you did for your daughter's room is lovely!
showell said... (3/4/14 12:41 PM) Reply
What a great story! Love the way the curtains turned out - especially the color! Thank you so much, I don't think you could possibly imagine how many people have been enriched and encouraged through this website.

No Pattern Used Pattern Weights