Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 10793-1001

Posted on:6/19/05 3:00 PM
Last Updated:6/19/05 3:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
JoleneF said... (6/20/05 12:51 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone, it really was an education. I picked up some more fabric today so we will see how the next one goes. I do appreciate all the tips, I have so much to learn yet.
Meguiar said... (6/20/05 7:09 AM) Reply
Great job! I'll be interested to read what changes/improvements you make in the future. What an accomplishment to knock off RTW lingerie - three cheers for you!
SewVeryTall said... (6/20/05 3:21 AM) Reply
Yay Jolene, you did it! Your next one will fit perfectly. You could cut them a little bigger, then add a little elastic in the back, and to the last few inches of the straps in back, so it gives a little.

One thing I have found to be a wonderful option on the straps, is to have them cross in the back...you'll never have a strap fall off your shoulder again.

Irene said... (6/20/05 0:23 AM) Reply
Wow--looks wonderful. You'll end up with a camisole wardrobe that you can replenish at your whim.
Jennifer shaw said... (6/20/05 0:19 AM) Reply
Great job, Jolene! That is so cool to make a copy of your RTW camisole.
Levone said... (6/19/05 9:13 PM) Reply
Good job on your first try. I admire those who attempt to copy a RTW piece.
drsue said... (6/19/05 9:05 PM) Reply
Very good for a first try from a RTW garment! I've never made anything like this myself.
mudcat said... (6/19/05 5:47 PM) Reply
Jolene, I agree that you've done an excellent job, especially for a first attempt.
Stitchology said... (6/19/05 4:42 PM) Reply
I think it's awesome for the first try. A very exacting garment with lots of detail and shaping. I suggest reducing the curve at the botttom of the center cup seam, as it seems too rounded and roomy for your fit. Otherwise I think the tweaks you've already thought of and Gigi's idea about bias would be good. You could make one or two changes at a time and see how it evolves rather than trying to leap ahead too many steps. You've done an impressive job.
Gigi Louis said... (6/19/05 3:25 PM) Reply
Wow, Jolene, I think it turned out great! I think you did an amazing job. I'm so glad you are feeling well enough to tackle this project! :-) An easy way to tame slippery silkies is to spray them with spray starch. The starch stiffens the fabric just enough to make it a little easier to handle. It would be good to test the crosswise stretch of future fabrics (or cut them on the bias) - some polyester silkies are so firmly woven that they have no give whatsoever (as you found out). If you can't find anything suitable I'd just add more ease and cut your fabric on the bias (for the back and lower front only).

by: Lorenna