Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5013 (OOP Summer Coordinates)

Viewed 1962 times

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Other Projects by Sherril Miller using this Pattern

Mufffet said... (7/5/07 1:22 PM) Reply
Cute cute cute...and very confy looking - top has a great print!
cmarie12 said... (7/4/07 12:08 PM) Reply
Sherrill ~ really like the new color combination!
khurtdvm said... (7/4/07 11:18 AM) Reply
Your new pants look great!
lornakismet said... (5/21/06 8:40 PM) Reply
This is a very cute black and white outfit. I realize that you did not sew the top, but it is perfect with the pants. -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
SouthernStitch said... (6/27/05 1:46 PM) Reply
Okay, ever since you first posted this pic on the message board, I've been dying for some black and white stretch capri fabric. I love these pants on you, and I want that same fit in the back. I am going to get that pattern, and find some fabric someday!
Gigi Louis said... (6/26/05 8:37 PM) Reply
Wow, Sherril, this is a great outfit! I normally dislike capris but they really suit you well, your legs look nice and long. The fit is perfect! Black and white is such a fantastic color combination for you too - the hat is a nice touch. :-) I know you'll be making loads of these for summer.
sosoatsewing said... (6/26/05 8:08 PM) Reply
I never even noticed there was a thing as Junior plus sized patterns....Thanks for pointing them out to another short, can't fit regular juniors sizes, gal...
Cambric Tea said... (6/25/05 6:18 PM) Reply
I always learn a lot from you Sherril, thank you for the review, and the lovely picture. Your pants fit you perfectly.
Sherril Miller said... (6/25/05 2:10 PM) Reply
Wow, I'm glad to bring these patterns to your attention. In fact I just went to the Simplicity website and asked for more. If you all do the same, we may just get what we ask for. Sue, the top is Simplicity 5469, a plus-sized pattern that may be leaving the drawer shortly. My niece calls it my boobie shirt. Leslie, the hat's not an exact match, but the print is a B&W print from Kohls. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I just cut out two more with coordinating tops. I do want to try out the tank pattern, view C, but it will take some alterations I'm sure. I want to use a knit to avoid that darn side zipper.
Diana M said... (6/25/05 1:24 PM) Reply
Double post somehow
Diana M said... (6/25/05 1:22 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks! I never would have thought to even look at the Jr. sized patterns, and these look great on you! And how very considerate of them to shrink exactly the way that looks best on you LOL
Leslie in Austin said... (6/25/05 12:28 PM) Reply
Sherril, you are just the cutest thing!! Such a cool, fresh, and comfy-looking outfit. Do I note a matching hat atop your head? And check out that backside fit!! Well done.
MaryBeth said... (6/25/05 11:31 AM) Reply
Wa? Jr Plus? Great results, no reason not to! Good thinking, Sherrill, thanks again for your review
Mini said... (6/25/05 10:58 AM) Reply
Thanks, Sherrill. Very helpful review. I love Simplicity plus patterns, but haven't really looked at the Junior plus section. Your capri's look so cute and trendy!
Monica R said... (6/25/05 10:33 AM) Reply
Great review and the fitting tips are so helpful. Your outfit is so cute!
JDpenelope said... (6/25/05 8:09 AM) Reply
It's so inspiring to see your wardrobes--you make the most of being short, something I'm always struggling with!
Jill Giard said... (6/25/05 7:55 AM) Reply
These are great.
ryan's mom said... (6/25/05 7:31 AM) Reply
Wow! These capris look fabulous on you. Very impressive fit in the back like you said. Really nice!
lilhoney57 said... (6/25/05 7:30 AM) Reply
Very nice outfit! You look wonderful!!
PixieCat said... (6/25/05 4:15 AM) Reply
What a great outfit Sherril! The pants look beautiful, very well-fitted!
Marita Kinnula said... (6/25/05 1:42 AM) Reply
Sherril, your pant's fit so good and the whole outfit is really goodloooking on you, congrat's!!! and hey, very nice review too!!!
flowermama said... (6/25/05 0:48 AM) Reply
Fantastic outfit - like a breath of summer! Your fit is awesome.
Kathryn said... (6/25/05 0:21 AM) Reply
Very cute outfit, Sherril! You look ready for a picnic! The fit on the pants is great--you did a wonderful job.
Mary Stiefer said... (6/24/05 10:42 PM) Reply
What a great looking pair of cropped pants. I love your choice of fabric.
drsue said... (6/24/05 9:36 PM) Reply
This whole outfit is fabulous! I love your fabric choice for the pants. Did you make the top too? There's a junior pattern I'm planning on trying, I wonder if I'll have the same luck, being also pretty short.
Vonnevo said... (6/24/05 9:19 PM) Reply
Sherril, you look fabulous girl:)) Your outfit is a great example of wearing nicely fitted clothes. You look so happy..that photo is for framing.
Twinkster said... (6/24/05 8:41 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning! Those cute summery prints for the capris is really all the rage now and it looks so darling on you. You give me the courage to try it myself!
Patti B said... (6/24/05 8:38 PM) Reply
They look great -- you're definitely ready for summer now.
Hilary said... (6/24/05 8:23 PM) Reply
Another winner! These look great on you. I have this too, and I am going to copy you and do my zip the same way-I don't like side zippers either! Thanks for another helpful review
Vivienne said... (6/24/05 7:59 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - these are perfect on you. I like the jr patterns as well because they are sized for a shorter woman.
hongkongshopper said... (6/24/05 7:58 PM) Reply
They look really great. Nice fit and great co-ordination!
Kerry O said... (6/24/05 7:55 PM) Reply
Those are really cute! I got the pattern based on your comments in the forum, so I'm really looking forward to trying it. They look great on you!
AnneM said... (6/24/05 7:44 PM) Reply
What a cute outfit. And what a great idea to go into the Jr Plus patterns. You are ready to head out to a summer party.
Princess Jenny said... (6/24/05 7:23 PM) Reply
Sherril, these are so cute on you! You look so cool and comfy, too. I'm glad you reviewed these; I sew simplicity plus size almost exclusively, but had never thought about the jr plus. Thanks for bringing these to my attention :)
pittysmom said... (6/24/05 7:21 PM) Reply
Really cute! Are you planning to make any of those tops? I have been considering this pattern for the tops, especially the halter.

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2013-14

by: grays08

SewBaby Patchwork Purse Pattern

SewBaby Patchwork Purse Pattern

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Straight Grain Tinny