Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7916 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:6/29/05 2:04 PM
Last Updated:6/29/05 2:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
inkyannie said... (7/3/05 0:38 AM) Reply
Love that jacket!!
Diane Franklin said... (6/30/05 9:46 PM) Reply
Thanks, Ann. Given what you said, the double collar might work with a wool crepe or other soft wool. But that can wait till fall!
hongkongshopper said... (6/30/05 6:26 PM) Reply
Very striking - looks great with the navy linen ensemble.
JDpenelope said... (6/30/05 6:10 PM) Reply
Like others, I purchased the Plaza Jacket pattern from Sewing Workshop because of your review. This Vogue pattern is certainly a beautiful alternative.
AnneM said... (6/30/05 7:47 AM) Reply
Great outfit.
Tonia Van Dyk said... (6/30/05 7:26 AM) Reply
Another winner! I love your jacket! I purchased this pattern recently because of the similar lines to the Plaza jacket. It really showcases a beautiful fabric, doesn't it? Thanks for your timely review.
ryan's mom said... (6/30/05 6:52 AM) Reply
Beautifully-made jacket in an eye-catching fabric!
Kathryn said... (6/29/05 11:29 PM) Reply
Very cute pattern showcasing the fabric, Ann! What a wonderful job you did. The whole ensemble just sizzles.
Ann Smith said... (6/29/05 11:12 PM) Reply
Diane, I can't see any reason why not except it might add extra bulk in the front. If you have a thin fabric it shouldn't matter. The front is self lined so in the case of my fabric it would not work well.
Diane Franklin said... (6/29/05 9:17 PM) Reply
Very striking, like all your clothes. I have this pattern in my stash and was thinking of making it with two collared fronts similar to making the Japonesque with 2 right fronts. Do you think this would work and look good?
CarolynGM said... (6/29/05 5:46 PM) Reply
Very striking, dramatic--looking jacket. It is indeed a perfect style for a luxurious fabric like this.
Schnauzer said... (6/29/05 5:44 PM) Reply
Everything you make looks lovely and this is no exception, it's gorgeous!
Hilary said... (6/29/05 3:52 PM) Reply
What a pretty jacket! Unusual style, and I like that fabric very much.
touran said... (6/29/05 3:11 PM) Reply
How lovely. I bought this patterns recently because I thought it would be a good looking variation on the 'bog' coat. I wanted something that looked similar to the Plaza Jacket from SW, that you've reviewed once or twice. So I'm doubly glad for your review!!
Patti B said... (6/29/05 3:11 PM) Reply
I love your jacket -- color and style. How would this work for a slightly stiffer fabric? Just look more kimono-ish? I need to look more carefully at Joann's; if they are going to start carrying interesting fabrics, I need to 'encourage' them.

No Pattern Used Dress Reconstruction