Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Posted on:7/2/05 7:59 PM
Last Updated:9/30/05 7:00 PM

See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates
ZoeP said... (12/17/06 3:44 PM) Reply
i love this pattern. you look great, I hope it is not out of print yet for the next sale. Great work!
MontieJ said... (1/15/06 7:53 PM) Reply
I am just now cutting our a muslin for this jacket. Thanks for the head's up on the sleeve cap and the angled seams.
SouthernStitch said... (10/1/05 10:52 PM) Reply
Super jacket! As for the variations in color, well, it looks like RTW, totally!
Georgene said... (10/1/05 12:35 PM) Reply
The denim looks great. I bet it will even look better as you continue to wash it over time.
layla said... (10/1/05 7:00 AM) Reply
Wowee Lisa .. I give you credit for your patience on this pattern (all those pieces) Patience did pay off ... both jackets look great on you !!
valerie sews said... (10/1/05 6:20 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great...I really really like this patern....
PVA said... (9/30/05 9:59 PM) Reply
Wow, Lisa this is a real winner! I was out of the country when you first posted the review, so I'm really glad you did a 2nd version. I love the pattern, it certainly goes on the old wish list. I love both versions!
Re Becca said... (9/30/05 9:49 PM) Reply
I love both of these! The denim looks good with the double top stitching. I would have never thought to use denim with this but I bet that it fits you coir purpse perfectly. Yo sound just like me digging fabric out of the attic. I bet your friends say "why don't you just go out and buy one" we seamstresses know that a trusted pattern with good fabric is so much more perfect. Sensational!
Schnauzer said... (9/30/05 8:29 PM) Reply
Very nice Lisa!
Levone said... (9/30/05 7:51 PM) Reply
I missed your first review, but great job on both jackets. I LOVE your denim version. Excellent work on the topstitiching.
moushka said... (7/3/05 9:13 PM) Reply
Lisa, that's one chic jacket - terrific save on the collar - a blind man'd love to see it, as my grandmother used to say, :-) Very nice work. Thanks for the review.
Lisa Laree said... (7/3/05 9:06 PM) Reply
Wow, Thanks ladies! I'll come re read the comments on days when I screw up a bunch of stuff (like sewing collars backwards...) Kathryn, I know you've got to have something yummy to sew this up in...can't wait to see your results! BTW, Shannon Gifford posted on another sewing group message board that this jacket is an Armani knock off...cool... ;)
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (7/3/05 7:22 PM) Reply
Lisa, you look great in your jacket. I know you will enjoy wearing it - it is well made and fits wonderfully.
Teri said... (7/3/05 5:32 PM) Reply
Lisa, your jactket looks wonderful and your review was great, thanks!
AnneM said... (7/3/05 4:26 PM) Reply
It looks great. The back view adds a lot to this jacket. As usual, you have a great review.
Jill Giard said... (7/3/05 10:23 AM) Reply
Lisa - beautiful jacket! Thanks for the thorough review. I can relate to your late night sewing woes!
Danvillegirl said... (7/3/05 9:39 AM) Reply
Very nice outfit. I really love the look of this jacket. I added to my wish list but think I will need extra time to work on something like this and right now I am into immediate gratification. Excellent review.
ryan's mom said... (7/3/05 9:25 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great! Thanks for the review!
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/3/05 7:27 AM) Reply
This pattern has such great style! I especially like the back view! I just added this one and the Claire Schaeffer pants pattern to my "I need these patterns" list.
Kathryn said... (7/3/05 7:15 AM) Reply
Lisa, thank you for the great review! I have this pattern "on deck" for a project, and you have saved me HOURS of work and potential boo-boos. I think the jacket looks wonderful on you. Enjoy wearing it!
Rustybobn said... (7/3/05 6:17 AM) Reply
Looks great, Lisa!
Julie Culshaw said... (7/3/05 5:39 AM) Reply
Well your picture and review have put this pattern on my shopping list. I too love the back details. Good job, Lisa. Enjoy wearing it. Julie
hongkongshopper said... (7/3/05 0:42 AM) Reply
Thanks Lisa, maybe this is the pattern for my pink stretch woven?? Yours looks great!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/3/05 0:22 AM) Reply
What a great summer jacket. Very nice.
Steffie said... (7/2/05 10:41 PM) Reply
Very nicely done.
inkyannie said... (7/2/05 10:16 PM) Reply
Wow, Lisa, I love that jacket. Your comment about lots of seams w/lots of opportunities for fit make me think this is just the pattern for me. Thanks for this review.
BjP said... (7/2/05 10:06 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket....love the back!
jlg said... (7/2/05 8:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and great suit. This looks really nice on you.
MaryBeth said... (7/2/05 8:34 PM) Reply
Slick!
CarolynGM said... (7/2/05 8:17 PM) Reply
Very nice summer jacket. It is too bad, though, about not having simpler pattern pieces for the lining.

You Sew Girl 100mm Shell Purse Pattern