|Use wide (~1/2") lingerie elastic which has pretty scalloped edges and a brushed side that will be soft next to your skin.
1. Overlap ends and sew into circle 10cm < waist measurement
2. Quarter the elastic. Quarter the waistline. RS together, match quarter points and pin.
3. On elastic side, sew towards top of elastic, through all layers, stretching elastic between points.
4. Turn elastic to inside and iron into place.
5. On RS, topstitch into place with 1, 2 or 3 rows.
Wherever I can I use this finish on lightweight knit skirts.