Tips & Techniques > Baby Steps 5 - How to write a PR review
|Viewed 5493 times
||Helen near Sydney
||9/15/06 8:00 PM
||4/8/07 6:56 AM
|| Very Helpful by 23 people
||Featured in the PR book!
|Baby Steps 5 - how to write a PR review.
Much as I love Pattern Review submitting a review can be frustrating. Somehow, I always seem to lose the lot! Here’s my sure-fire way to get it right the first time…..
Submitting a pattern review involves 3 steps:
1. organizing your photos ready to be included in the review
2. setting up a couple of WORD files in your computer and
3. writing the review.
1. Organise your photos
* Format your photos with a software programme such as MS Picture It. I usually adjust the brightness, crop the photo and then resize the photo to 3 x 2".
* Create a photo album in Yahoo Photos (it’s free!) and upload your photos. Keep the photo album open, but minimised, right up until your review is posted.
2. Set up a couple of WORD files
* Open PatternReview through Internet Explorer (not through a shortcut). Choose Sewing Patterns then Add a Pattern Review.
* Tick the box that says ‘Click here to load a template to help you write a review’. A template of headings appears. Copy and paste it into a blank Word document so that you can use the PR headings to write your review. Save this document as a TEXT document (not a Word document) and name it ‘PR Template’. Keep it open (but close the PR window). *The PR Template can be used over and over for when you review other patterns.
* Save the PR Template again as a TEXT document and name it the same as the pattern you’re reviewing, eg. Burda 7212. Leave it open (but close the PR Template).
3. Write & post the review
* Write your review of Burda 7212 and save it. I usually begin writing the pattern review when I start making the pattern and add to the review as I go. I find I remember the little details this way.
* Copy the entire review.
* Open PatternReview, then Sewing Patterns then Add a Review and fill in the top section. In the Review screen at the bottom, paste your review of Burda 7212. DO NOT TICK THE BOX THAT LOADS THE TEMPLATE as this will over-ride your review.
* When you want to add a photo, double click on the photo to open it and copy the full address, including the http://.
* In the PR screen click on ‘Insert a clickable link in your review’ and paste in the address, removing the http:// that’s already there.
* Type in the name of the photo and click ‘Get HTML’. Copy the code that appears and paste it where you want it to appear in your review.
A Stitch in Time Saves Nine.....
Being cautious by nature I always copy my finished review and paste it back into the Burda 7212 document before submitting it. I have lost finished reviews in the past.
NB: I’ve named names in the review because these are the programmes etc that I’m familiar with, not because they are recommended.
<< Previous Next >>
Add Tip/Technique Read All Tip/Techniques
11 Comments Login to Add a Comment