Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric
SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
New to PR?
Find a member
Friends of PR Benefits
My Pattern Reviews
Sewing Machine Central
Compare Sewing Machines
Sewing Machine & Serger Reviews
Sewing Class Reviews
Sewing Expo Reviews
Sewing Tips & Techniques
Sewing Review Requests
Read All Review Requests
Add a Review Request
See all Classifieds
Add a Classified
reviews with comments
returns & refunds
Platinum Sponsor -
Adjustable straps (Tip/Technique)
by 8 people
Member since: 2/7/04
Report a problem with this review
2/20/07 1:04 PM
I put together this tip for anyone who doesn't have a RTW top hanging around to look at. It is simple to do and comfortable.
My blog has pictures to accompany each step:
. Click each picture for a larger view.
1/4'' bra strap elastic (plush) or 1/2'' fold over elastic
(4) 3/8'' Strap Rings
(2) 3/8'' Strap Slides
1) cut (2) shoulder straps 11-12 inches (mine are 11 3/4'')
2) After applying elastic around the armhole, leave extra elastic to attach rings to the top. These raw elastic extensions on front and back of top are about 1 1/4'' long.
3) Attach plastic ring to each raw elastic strap extension on front and back of top and tack down with straight stitch
4) Sew one slider ring at one end of each shoulder strap
5) Feed strap up through front ring with strap wrong side up, top right side up and pull strap through lower slider
6) Pull strap through upper slider
7) Slip strap through back plastic ring and secure with straight stitch, try on and adjust to fit
Merchants on PR
Lanetzliving Vintage Sewing Patterns
Vintage Sewing Patterns
Style Arc sewing dress patterns
Patterns That Fit
Victoria Jones Collection
Timeless Hawaiian styles
Read All Tip/Techniques
Login to Add a Comment
Very nice photo tutorial, Leora! Adjustable elastic straps are soooo much better [especially for when the elastic starts to stretch out].
2/21/07 7:26 AM
Thanks for the very detailed instructions.
2/21/07 9:30 AM
Thanks for this tip!
2/24/07 9:27 PM
Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use