|Apparently there was a tiny piece of Steam-a-Seam on my ironing board and I managed to press it quite firmly smack dab on the front of a sateen coat I'm making. Of course it pulled up some of the fibers from my white canvas board cover and made a big mess. YIKES!
The Steam-a-Seam manufacturer's page recommends using a citrus based cleaner like Desolve-It or CitraSolv, but that didn't get it to budge for me. So, after testing a fabric scrap to ensure colorfastness, I used a little rubbing alcohol applied with a q-tip and then used a toothbrush to rub it off. Worked like a charm! Thanks Debbie Lancaster for her original tip to use rubbing alcohol to remove interfacing adhesive. (ironically, the rubbing alcohol does not seem to have affected the interfacing that was on the back of the piece)