|This is a mixture of other PR members tips put together. The picture is a picture of my CP hems not lining up right at the end, in the round. The pattern is Jalie2327 mens underwear trunks. I don't have any of the Janome hem guides so this is what I came up with:
1. Fold the hem up to the WS the desired amount, pin.
2. Machine or hand baste on the bottom of the folded edge about an 1/8" from the folded edge. Turn fabric right side out.
3. Put fabric on the CP with the right side of fabric up. Use a hem gauge to measure your hem from the left needle and adjust to make sure everything(hem) will be sewn correctly distance wise.
4. Use a block of some post it note up beside the hem. And start sewing.
5. When you are almost at the end or a few stitches away, hand turn the handwheel so that the needles are down. Lift the presser foot up and the front of the presser foot and check to see if everything looks good. If not, stop and remove the stitches(they come out easily) and redo.
6. If they are fine, go real slow to finish or hand turn the rest. Remove fabric the best way you like to remove it from CoverPro and remove basting stitches from the bottom of hem.
7. the way I like to remove the fabric come from the UTUBE video on the Message Boards, sewing machines and sergers, Coverpro 1000 and coverpro 900. The video is the first link I believe. Sorry I'm not that good at linking stuff. How I remove, I hand turn the handwheel until I hear the click or 1 full turn with the needles in the highest position, lift the presser foot and use a hem gauge to grab the top threads and pull them toward you. Then I grab the fabric and pinch the where the top threads are and move to the back of the machine then clip the threads. The top threads come out without coming undone and the bottom ones I pull until tight, sometimes I tie them. Hope this helps :)