|1. Stitch long collar edge first. Start sewing at center back and stitch out to one end. Rotate the collar and overstitch stitches at center back and stitch to opposite end.
2. Press the stitches flat.
3. Grade the seam by tirmming the under collar to 1/4" and the upper collar to 3/8".
4. Press the seam allowances to one side.
5. Fold the collar wrong sides together and press, rolling the seam slightly towards the under collar.
6. Refold the collar right sides together.
7. Fold and pin the collar side edge seam allowances together. Fold the outer edge seam allowance toward the inside of the under collar. Stitch seam from neckline to collar edge. Trim s.a. diagonally at point.
8. Fold seam allowance towards under collar. Hold in place with fingers and turn right side out.
Source: Threads, July 2002 Number 101, pp. 18 -20.