|If your metal zipper is longer than needed follow this super easy tip to get the custom size you need.
1. Using your sewing machine stitch a bartack where you want the new zipper stop to go. Do this by zig-zagging (zero stitch width or feed dogs down) over the teeth 8 to 10 times, landing just into the zipper tape adjacent to the teeth.
2. Using a pair of scissors with a sharp narrow point, cut into both sides of the tape about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch below the bartack. Make the cuts as far between the two teeth as you can get being careful not to close your scissors over the metal teeth or you could damage the blades.
3. Once you've cut the tape, twist it around the cut area; first going in one direction, then back in the opposite direction. Repeat a couple of times to loosen the teeth.
4. Grab the ends firmly and pull in opposite directions and your zipper teeth should separate. If not, try repeating steps 2-4.
5. Clean up the zipper tape by cutting any loose fabric off.
6. You now have your custom length zipper ready to go!