|I am making dresses for a dance team at my church. The leader wanted stretch sequin trim between bodice and skirt. I have glued trim like that, but I felt that it may be under stress from dancing, so I decided to stitch it down.
Going down Memory Lane, I remembered altering some costumes and breaking untold number of needles. I tried silicone on the needle and that didn't help much.
Back to real-time now. As I stitched, I saw the sequins shift up under the foot. I had to readjust the foot every few stitches. Very aggravating.
I came upon an idea...I tried a strip of tear-away stabilizer. The result was amazing!I had to watch to make sure my sequins were centered over the seam I wanted to cover, but that wasn't too hard. When I finished stitching, I just tore away the stabilizer.
I tried some sheer tear-away topper to see where I was, but it was more difficult to keep the sequins where I wanted them.