|A two-day intensive beginners class, over a weekend in September. There were 3 of us attending the course, ranging in age and interest (!) but Lena's teaching style was perfect for all of us. The course covered a great deal (see below), but was a relaxing, enjoyable experience.
If you are able to commit, it might be nice to opt for the longer courses (one evening a week), as this would allow more time to master all the skills being taught.
The course covered:
· Practice using a sewing machine, including how to put in a zip
· Four different types of hems
· Making a pattern from a simple block
· Learning how to take accurate measurements
· Working through the process of cutting out, constructing and finishing a skirt.
These two days dispelled all the myths I had had drilled into me during textiles lessons at school many moons ago, and made me realise that, despite requiring thought, attention and practice, making your own clothes is enjoyable and achievable.
Lena is gorgeous! Very chilled out, lots of fun, and with a passion and style that is really inspiring.