This is a Picture Tutorial showing how to make your own Ruffled Trim. Follow step by step through a series of photo illustrations how to:
1. cut your fabric
2. finish the edges with a rolled hem to create a lettuce edge
3. run a machine basting stitch down the center of the strip
4. gather in the bobbin thread to achieve the desired amount of gathers
5. run a stitch down the center of the ruffle to secure the gathers
6. add the ruffled trim to your project
It's a simple technique that can add a little something extra to a garment that may be a little blah.