I had a really cute piece of "Finding Nemo" - only a little more than 3/4 yard. I thought it might be enough to make my granddaughter a pair of shorts and little sleeveless top. Lo and behold, I was short. So, I found a piece of coordinating material in my stash (orange variagated to match the goldfish). I used the coordinating material for all of the shirt facings and - YIPPEE - I now had enough Nemo fabric for all the front pieces.
Don't pass up that cute piece of material. Try something like this - It looks great. Sorry I don't have a digital camera - but - take my word for it. Really cute.