|This is my technique to eliminate gaposis and pulling on wrap-style t-shirts.
1) Cut underwrap side about 3" shorter than the overwrap side and finish edge
2) Sew shoulders
3) Fold over 5/8" along neckline
4) Anchor a strip of 1/4" elastic at the shoulder seams on each side
5) Baste along neckline to form casing.
6) Baste side seams -- don't catch elastic
7) Try on top, adjust elastic to fit snugly against your body, but without pulling at sides. Pin elastic in place
8) Secure elastic ends
9) Remove side basting
10) Double-needle hem or coverstitch neckline, encasing elastic.