This class was designed for those with some sewing experience, but concentrates on advanced industry-inspired details, fitting & pattern drafting.
Deborah Green was our teacher and thoroughly covered all of the promised topics: (as stolen from the SFSE website):
- Intermediate fitting techniques
- Dart manipulation
- Insert an invisible zipper - Insert a lap zipper
- "Drop in a lining"
- How to attach a straight waistband
- How to attach a quick and easy contour waistband
- Slits, kickpleats and vents
- Professional finishing techniques (hand and machine)
...plus a good deal more. Deborah was an *excellent* teacher with a friendly demeanor, a hip sense of style and excellent sense of humor.
Not only did this class polish up my rather rusty sewing skills, but I now have the best fitting skirt (along with the master pattern) that I have ever sported.
Obviously I'm not the only one who felt this way: a group of us petitioned Elyssa (owner of SFSE) to offer a similar dress class. The petition worked: the class starts in June, and I'll be sure to follow up with another review.