More Knits View full class catalog
|Scheduled Class. Includes Chats. Never Expires!|
Some of the fabrics covered in this 9-lesson class are variations of "tried and true" knits. Some are interesting fibers such as silk, bamboo, and Tencel. Others are examples of the advancement in high-tech knits and eco-friendly knits. Plus, there are several sweater knits. Every swatch description includes basic information as well as garment and needle suggestions.
It is strongly recommended that you have taken Understanding Knit Fabrics prior to this class. Basic, introductory information on knits, such as how to assess knit fabrics and how to size knit fabrics, is not included in More Knits. The kit is an integral part of the class and is required. The class kit contains:
- Samples (4" x 4") of more than 25 knit fabrics
- Half-scale tank top pattern
- Small cut of knit fabric for half-scale garment
- Fold-over elastic trim to finish neckline of half-scale garment
- Assessing structure and drape in knit fabrics.
- Determining a fabric’s length of grain.
- Sewing on knits with spaces or holes.
- Sewing fabrics with sequins.
- Assessing other types of fabric ornamentation.
- Assessing the amount a zigzag stitch will stretch.
- General tips on applying fold-over elastic.
- Three tips when creating a fold-over elastic shoulder strap.
- Making a join in fold-over elastic.
- Figuring out how to apply other types of elasticized trims.
Notify Me when this class becomes available
Instructor: Sarah Veblen
Go to the Classroom