||People who enjoy sewing love having a pattern that fits to perfection. Here's your chance to develop a darted bodice pattern that fits and is comfortable. You'll learn basic fitting concepts, more involved fitting techniques, as well as patternmaking skills so that you can effectively make the fitting changes to your pattern. Included in this class is two rounds of muslin fitting and personalized fitting advice!
In this 16-lesson class with over 3 hours of video! , you can choose to work on any pattern that has side bust darts -- a shirt or blouse, a dress, or even a jacket. More information about selecting a pattern as well as choosing an appropriate size will be sent to class participants upon registration. Although fitting is easier if you have a fitting buddy (and this person does not need to be a sewer), tips on fitting yourself are included in the lessons. To check your fitting progress, Sarah will give you valuable feedback if you wish to post photos in the class gallery.
Following is a list of topics that Sarah will cover. Note: if you have taken another fitting class from Sarah through Pattern Review, some of the lesson material on basic fitting and pattern techniques will be the same. However, ten of the lessons focus on bodice and sleeve fitting specifically.
- Developing a fitting method and understanding fitting basics.
- Learning to recognize and identify fitting issues.
- The role of the fitting muslin and how to mark it.
- Step-by-step instructions with photographs showing how to fit a bodice with side bust darts.
- Step-by-step instructions with photographs showing how to fit a set-in sleeve.
- Solutions for fitting different body variations.
- Transferring fitting changes to the pattern.
- How to make the pattern changes that are most frequently required.
- Walking and truing patterns.
- Draping a dart rather than using the pattern's dart.
- The theory of dart manipulation and dart variations.
And don't forget, even after the class is over, you'll have access to all of the Videos and the PDFs forever so you can refer to them whenever you want.
Class is a combination of PDF downloads, boards and Interactive real time chat sessions with the instructors. Over 3 hours of video included!