|Do you love your serger but want to do more with it? Join me as we serge ahead with a 5 thread serger. In this class we will cover the 5-thread stitch and a variety of cover hem stitches. We will be playing with stitches that require different needle positions and threading combinations so it's important that you're already comfortable with the basics. I will be using the Elna 945 serger in the videos. Most brands of 5-Thread sergers have the same parts and pieces with similar threading paths. Please refer to your instruction manual to check out
the specific differences from what you are seeing in the videos.
Here's what I'll show you:
Bonus: I'll also share some of the serger tips and tricks in this bonus video. Want to know how to start and end a hem in the round? I'll show you.
- Lesson 1 - An Overview of the 5-Thread Serger, Notions and Threads
- Lesson 2-- How to do a 5-Thread Stitch
- Lesson 3 - How to do a Decorative Ladder
- Lesson 4 - How to do a Decorative Flatlock
- Lesson 5 - How to do a Decorative Chain Stitch
- Lesson 6 - How to do a Chain Stitch
- Lesson 7 - How to do a Cover Hem Stitch
- Lesson 8 - How to do a Wide Cover Hem Stitch
- Lesson 9 - How to do a Triple Cover Hem Stitch
This is a VIDEO CLASS!
Also! When you feel comfortable with the different stitches covered in this class, I'll show you how to use them to make a cute tote bag. It's a simple rectangle pattern piece -- the size is up to you! Use some of the specialty decorative stitches to embellish the front of the bag. Then construct it using the 5-Thread stitch. Finish the top of the tote with a cover hem stitch of your choice for a unique bag you can bring to the beach or the grocery store! I hope you'll join me for "Serging Ahead with Your 5-Thread" to discover some cool things you can do with your 5-Thread Serger!
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced.
This is a Video Class! You can watch them whenever you want and ask questions as you sew-along.
Download the Class Outline This is a video class. Start watching as soon as you register! See sample below.