||With all the gorgeous dyed fabrics that are being used in fashion right now, wouldn't
it be fun to do that yourself? It is really easier than you think! This class will take
you from the basics on into different techniques for creating unique designs that can be
used for linings, knit and silk tops, scarves, and much more.
This process is an art of its own and once you get the basics down, your creative possibilities are endless.
Over 1.5 hours of video and a detailed PDF that you can download to your computer.
- Introduction: Dyeing Fabrics 101
- Getting started: choosing colors; getting the right shade and consistency.
- Rubber bands and the twist, beyond the traditional tie-dye wrap
- Combining more than one color.
- Strategic design.
- Create a marbled effect with salt and sugar.
- Discharge dyeing (removing color instead of adding).
- Creating an ombre effect.
This is a Video Class! You can watch them whenever you want and ask questions as you sew-along.