Sewing Basics View full class catalog
|Video Class. Start watching as soon as you register. Never Expires!|
Skill Level: Beginners
Add to Cart
This is the right place to start!
Join Deepika as she takes you through the steps you need to know to sew your first project, an elastic waist skirt.
In this video, you learn how to:
- Use some of the basic tools
- Choose fabric
- Use patterns
- Measure yourself for patterns
- Trace and cut out the pattern
- Lay out and cut out the pattern from fabric
- Stitch together and press your skirt
Let Deepika demystify the process of sewing for you! Take this class!
Recommended Pattern: Simplicity 2258
Complete List of Videos
- Introduction and Tools
- Fabric Types
- What the Information on the Pattern Envelope Means
- Types of Patterns and What the Markings Mean
- Taking Body Measurements
- Tracing the Patterns and Understanding Markings
- Preparing the Fabric, Laying Out the Pattern Pieces, and Cutting Out the Fabric
- Getting to Know your Sewing Machine
- Sewing the Skirt
This is a Video Class! You can watch them whenver you want and ask questions as you sew-along. This is a video class. With over 1.5 hours of HD videos which you can watch over and over again. Start watching as soon as you register! See sample below.
Instructor: Deepika Prakash