Pants Fitting Workshop with Sarah View full class catalog
|Scheduled Class. Includes Chats. Never Expires!|
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
I will teach you to recognize the typical fitting issues most women encounter when trying to fit pants, and I'll discuss a wide variety of less common fitting issues as well. In both the videos as well as in the written PDF lessons, you'll be able to see me fit a number of different figure types on real women, not a dress form.
I will teach you a fitting methodology for pants -- how to fit pants -- working with a fitting muslin on the body. You'll be able to apply the information you learn to any pants pattern you choose to work with, whether the pattern is from one of the major pattern companies, an independent pattern company, a self-draft, or pattern software. For my examples, I will use patterns from the major pattern companies as well as the "Eureka! Pants that Fit" pattern, which I helped to produce in collaboration with the Fit for Art pattern company.
The class has approximately 5 hours of high-definition videos, and 6 written PDF lessons. Among the things you'll learn are:
- the three different pants silhouettes (trousers, slacks, and jeans)
- why she focuses on the slacks silhouette (good every-day pants, neither too baggy nor too revealing)
- what markings to put on your test muslin to help you when fitting
- how to read the fabric and recognize fitting issues
- what to do to solve these fitting issues
- the most efficient fitting order
- tips on fitting yourself
- how to transfer your fitting changes to the pattern
- how to make the pattern changes
And don't forget, even after the class is over, you'll have access to all of the Videos and the PDFs forever so you can refer to them whenever you want.
Notify Me when this class becomes available
Instructor: Sarah Veblen
I started this class on the last day of registrati... more...
In reference to all of your questions, everything ... more...
I would've liked for Sarah to have written more co... more...
Posted on this page in error. more...
I wrote a review last night, and read two reviews ... more...
Go to the Classroom