||A well-made jacket can show off an outfit to its best. Join designer Angela Wolf as she shows you the fundamentals and fine points of creating a contemporary couture jacket (her version of the traditional Chanel jacket) in 2 hours and 45 minutes of HD video. Her method of sewing this jacket is just a little faster than the traditional one but doesn't sacrifice its style! And this jacket features a quilted lining, but Angela shows you that you don't need to spend 140 hours creating it.
You'll love the comfort and style of this jacket... it feels more like a sweater! It's the perfect topper for jeans or more formal dress. This couture jacket is a must-have for the modern lifestyle!
Recommended patterns: Vogue 7975 or Kwik Sew 3258
In this 12 lesson video class, she will cover:
- Selecting fabric and lining.
- Creating a 3-piece sleeve, laying out the pattern, and cutting the fashion fabric.
- Attaching fusible interfacing, finishing the edges, and cutting the lining.
- Using a couture technique to quilt the lining.
- Sewing a jacket with a plaid.
- Preparing and hand-stitching the lining.
Skill level Intermediate to Advanced
Take this contemporary couture jacket class and make a jacket that everyone will envy!
Note: We will not be fitting jacket muslins in this class. If you need help perfecting the fit of your jacket muslin, consider signing up for the Create a Jacket Muslin class first.
This is a Video Class! You can watch them whenever you want and ask questions as you sew-along. HD Video is included in this class. See promo below