|Sewing with leather (real or faux) isn't as daunting as some people would
believe. With basic knowledge and a few extra tools, you can sew leather
garments or accessories easily. In this class I am going to show you how to
sew different types of darts, seams and flaps. And to help you put these
to use, we will create a stunning peplum top in buttery suede from start
This is a video class with 3 hours of high-definition video which you can
watch whenever you want.
Recommended Pattern: Vogue 8815
Here's what you'll learn:
- Distinguishing between different types of leather
- How to select and how much to buy for your project
- Choosing patterns
- Supplies and industry tips and tricks to sew with leather
- Cut-edge Lapped
- How to sew flaps and collars and cuffs
- Sewing the Peplum top
Bonus: A 29 page PDF document showing step by step photos of all the different types of darts and seams.
- Cutting and Marking on Leather
- Staying Leather
- Pressing Leather
- Sewing Darts
- Inserting Zipper
This is a Video Class! You can watch them whenever you want and ask questions as you sew-along.