Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets View full class catalog
|Video Class. Start watching as soon as you register. Never Expires!|
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Add to Cart
Add to WishList
Cost: $20.00 (Regular:
The sewing techniques I like to use produce a beautiful jacket, both inside and out. My approach is not as fast as bagging a lining, nor is it as involved as traditional tailoring. You�ll see that my use of both machine sewing and hand sewing techniques makes a gorgeous jacket that you�ll be proud to wear!
Here's what I cover in the almost 5 hours of video:
- Selecting fashion fabric and linings
- Making the lining pattern with a back pleat
- Cutting the fashion fabric and choosing the interfacing(s)
- Initial construction
- Seam finishes for unlined jackets
- Setting in the sleeve
- Applying the optional sleeve head
- Choosing and applying shoulder pads
- Covering a shoulder pad for an unlined jacket
- Designing and constructing a roll collar
- Making a hanging loop
- Cutting, sewing, and applying the lining
- Preparing the jacket hem
- Sewing the hem
- Sewing the lining jump hem
- Pressing and other finishing touches
Instructor: Sarah Veblen
Ms. Veblen demonstrates her passion in her instruc... more...
I loved this class. I definitely loved Sarah's ap... more...
This is a great class for those who are inexperien... more...