||Jackets are a wonderful addition to our wardrobes. But many women shy away from sewing jackets because they don't want a structured blazer-style jacket with traditional tailoring techniques such as pad stitching. Join me as I show you the techniques that I routinely use when constructing a softly tailored jacket, which I think is absolutely perfect for a woman's body.
The sewing techniques I like to use produce a beautiful jacket, both inside and out. My approach is not as fast as bagging a lining, nor is it as involved as traditional tailoring. You’ll see that my use of both machine sewing and hand sewing techniques makes a gorgeous jacket that you’ll be proud to wear!
Here's what I cover in the almost 5 hours of video:
- Selecting fashion fabric and linings
- Making the lining pattern with a back pleat
- Cutting the fashion fabric and choosing the interfacing(s)
- Initial construction
- Seam finishes for unlined jackets
- Setting in the sleeve
- Applying the optional sleeve head
- Choosing and applying shoulder pads
- Covering a shoulder pad for an unlined jacket
- Designing and constructing a roll collar
- Making a hanging loop
- Cutting, sewing, and applying the lining
- Preparing the jacket hem
- Sewing the hem
- Sewing the lining jump hem
- Pressing and other finishing touches
This is a Video Class! You can watch them whenever you want and ask questions as you sew-along.