Fun with Fitting - PANTS View full class catalog
|Video Class. Start watching as soon as you register. Never Expires!|
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Add to Cart
Because gaining an understanding of fitting and patternwork can be challenging, this class offers the information in a number of different formats. There are 17 videos that cover the general process of fitting pants, as well as fitting three different body types (flat derri�re, round derri�re, and generous derri�re). There are 6 PDF lessons with information about pattern selection, transferring fitting changes to the pattern, and pattern adjustments; and lots of photographs devoted to fitting each derri�re shape. Because some of the concepts of fitting pants are difficult to understand, there is also a 16-page booklet of illustrations to help you identify the most common pants fitting issues, understand what the corrections are and why they work, and what the accompanying pattern changes look like.
Although fitting is easier if you have a fitting buddy, it is possible to fit yourself. There is an entire video lesson dedicated to fitting yourself.
The class board will be available for general fitting and patternwork questions. For personalized fitting help from Sarah, watch for her Fitting Clinic for Pants.
Following is a partial list of topics that Sarah covers:
- Taking measurements and selecting a pattern
- Using a fitting grid -- the key to successful fitting
- Tips for fitting yourself
- The process of fitting pants
- Fitting a round derri�re
- Fitting a generous derri�re
- Fitting a flat derri�re
- Transferring fitting changes from the fitting muslin to the pattern
- Making basic pattern adjustments
- Understanding and solving the 10 most common pants fitting issues Recommended Pattern: Eureka! Pants that Fit.
Instructor: Sarah Veblen