||Join couture dressmaker, author, TV host and master teacher Susan Khalje for another couture class:
This time we'll concentrate on 10
indispensable couture techniques. Included will be:
You'll elevate the quality of the garments you sew with these easily-mastered techniques.
- angled seams (you'll never fear a "Basque" waist again!)
- ultra-narrow (and super strong) spaghetti straps
- an elegant narrow machine hem
- bound buttonholes
- a beautiful treatment for the lining of a bound buttonhole
- couture gathering
- a grosgrain-faced waistline
- a covered snap
- attaching hooks, eyes, and snaps, European-style, and
Skills required for taking this class:
Intermediate, advance beginners and advanced sewers will benefit the most from this class.
- Proficiency on a sewing machine
- Some knowledge of hand stitches
Class is a combination of PDF downloads, boards and Interactive real time chat sessions with the instructors.