||Buttons and buttonholes are so commonly used that we tend to accept them without really thinking about them. Yet this method of closure has both a technical and a creative aspect to it. Whether you're interested in sewing buttonholes that look good or would like to explore the diversity of this type of closure, then this class is for you!
The 16 lessons in the class will include the following topics, plus much more.
- Sewing different buttonhole types, including: machine-sewn, corded, bound, hand-worked, slot seam, loops, and thread chains.
- Getting good-looking buttonholes on difficult-to-work-with fabrics.
- Understanding the relationship between button size and buttonhole placement.
- Placing and marking buttons and buttonholes.
- Sewing buttons, including: strength, durability, and creative effect.
- Using buttons/buttonholes as design elements, and making them as unnoticeable as possible.
- Miscellaneous topics, including: modesty panels, covered plackets, and Chinese ball buttons.
Class is a combination of PDF downloads, boards and Interactive real time chat sessions with the instructors.