||It's a fashion classic -- and it's the one dress that everyone should have in their wardrobe!
To help you create one, we'll explore all the elements from a couture point of view, from choosing a pattern to the final finishing details:
- what to look for in a pattern (as well as suggestions for easy modifications that you can make)
- how to make a muslin and prepare it for use
- which fabrics to look for, and how to prepare them
- choosing, marking and applying the proper underlining
- applying a lining in the couture manner, with fell stitches and understitching
- how to apply hand-picked zippers, both centered and lapped
- hem treatments -- including padding, weighting, re-aligning the center back slit
- and the final details that finish off the project in style: covered snaps, bra carriers and an elegant treatment for the hook and eye.
The dress in the photo here was featured on the cover of Threads Magazine and is Susan's favorite. You'll pick a pattern of your choice and Susan will walk you through it, and you'll create your very own LBD which will be your favorite for years to come.
Class is a combination of PDF downloads, boards and Interactive real time chat sessions with the instructors.