All About Linings View full class catalog
|Scheduled Class. Access Never Expires!|
This 16-lesson class will teach you what fabrics to use for linings, how to select the best lining fabric for a particular garment, how to draft a number of lining patterns, and how to care for lined garments.
Instructions will also be given for the following:
- sewing linings into skirts and pants with a waistband
- sewing linings into skirts and pants with a facing
- sewing the slit of a lined skirt
- sewing the kick pleat of a lined skirt
- attaching a lining to a jacket
- hemming a jacket lining by hand and by machine
- using a lining in place of a facing
- developing a lining for very full skirts and dress
Increasing you knowledge of lining fabrics and lining techniques will take your garment sewing to the next level!
The optional kit contains more than a dozen different lining samples (8" x 5"). Shipping Note: Because of the recent increase in the USPS prices, there will be an extra charge of $7 for all the kits shipping outside of the United States.
- Fell stitching the lining to the zipper tape.
- Sewing a catch stitch.
- Forming a thread chain.
- Adding ease to the lining above the slit.
- Determining the lining hem.
- Cutting the lining to expose the slit facing.
- Forming the extension side of a kick pleat.
- Securing the lining to the jacket at the underarm.
- Securing the lining to the jacket at the shoulder.
- Forming a jump hem in a jacket lining.
- Finishing the jacket facing with a Hong Kong binding.
Notify Me when this class becomes available
Instructor: Sarah Veblen
Date of Class: February 2009 Instructor: Sarah Veb... more...
Go to the Classroom