PatternReview Top Ten Challenge at the American Sewing Expo
PatternReview Top 10 Contest at ASE
September 26th, Novi, Michigan
Calling all PatternReviewers...
Let's put those Top Patterns to a contest!
This year we are hosting a contest at the American Sewing Expo. Here's how you can enter.
- Go to the Best Patterns of PR List.
- Choose one of the patterns for your entry garment and make the garment.
- Pay the $5 entry fee which will go towards buying gifts for our contest judges.
- When you are ready to submit your entry send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following
- Your PatternReview Name
- Your Actual Name
- Phone number
- Attach Three clear photos of the garment you want to enter in the contest. Front view, side view, back view
- A description of your project. Also tell us which pattern(s) you used.
|Sandra Betzina||Kenneth King||Pati Palmer|
- Finalists will be notified by August 22nd, 2009 and will need to send their garment to the American Sewing Expo by September 1st, 2009.
- If shipping the garment back, the cost of shipping will be billed to the contestant.
- A runway fashion show of all finalists will take place at the American Sewing Expo on Saturday September 26, 2009. Contestants will be asked to model their garments or models will be provided.
- The entries will be judged by Sandra Betzina, Kenneth King and Pati Palmer
GRAND PRIZE : $1,000 Gift Certificate from
Prizes in other Categories
June 22nd - August 15th : Make your contest entry garment or get one you've already made ready for the contest.
August 15th, 2009: Last day to register for the contest and sending photos of the garment electronically to PatternReview.com
August 22nd, 2009: Finalists notified via e-mail.
August 23rd - September 1st, 2009 - Ship the garments to American Sewing Expo. Even if you are attending the expo, the garments must be sent ahead of time. This is just so we can get them ready for the show.
September 26th: Runway Fashion Show and Contest!
Rules and Fine Print
So get your creative juices flowing! Pick your pattern now and start the winning garment.
- The outfit must be made by the applicant.
- The focal garment should be one of the Best Patterns of PR.
- All finalists garments must reach the American Sewing Expo offices by September 1, 2009. If attending the expo finalists will model their own garment. If a finalist is unable to attend the expo or does not wish to model, a model will be provided by the American Sewing Expo.
- There is a $5 jury fee required with all applications, payable on or before August 15th.
- Employees and those affiliated with either PatternReview, American Sewing Expo or the sponsors of the contest are not eligible to enter.
Questions and Discussions about this contest
Remember, last day to send in your entries is August 15th, 2009