PatternReview Blog > PR Awards|
|PR Awards||By Deepika on 7/11/08 11:00 AM
|So for the first time in the HISTORY OF PatternReview.com I give to you,
THE PR AWARDS!!
A little background
When I met the moderators in my recent trip to Baltimore we did a lot more than fabric shoppingAmong other ideas we brainstormed, PR awards was discussed. These awards will be given annually to recognize and appreciate the members who stand out and contribute on the site and truly get the spirit of PR.
"To Share and to Inspire"
There will be 10 categories under which awards will be give. There will be 3 nominees in each category (except the most prolific reviewer) and the winner will be decided based on YOUR votes. I am currently working on a system in which anyone who has been a member of PR (Free or FoPR) for atleast 90 days will be able to nominate members in any category. We will allow 2 weeks for nomination.
After the nomination has finished, we will come up with a list of 3 each in each category based on how many times they've been nominated. When the finalists have been chosen, two more weeks will be given for voting for the award winners. This system will be unbiased and will favor no one and anybody can be nominated and win these awards
The system for nomination isnt ready yet but take a look at the categories and start thinking about the people you want to nominate. You can nominate a member in more than one category also but the finalists can only be assigned to one category. But you dont have to worry about that. The counts will take care of that.
Best Fashion Photography
- Sets up photo shoots for their reviews and makes you feel like you are on the set of Elle Magazine!
- One who makes you laugh EVERYTIME you read their review. You've added them to your favorites list because you know you will be entertained whenever you read their review and you don't want to miss any of them.
Most complete review
- One who puts a lot of thought in their review. They always include relevant links to tips/boards/reviews/fabrics/stores/photos in their reviews and explain in depth all their projects.
Most prolific reviewer
- This will be calculated based on an algorithm which takes into account the day they joined and how many reviews they've written since. Older members are NOT necessarily favored in this category. The algorithm will come up with a finite number which will help us decide who gets this award.
Most Coveted Closet
- Do you like everything they make? Would you just love to import their whole closet and plant it in your house?
- A member outside of United States who has impressed and inspired you the most and is an active member on PR.
Project Runway nominee from PR
- If you were in the committee who would you pick to represent PR in the next Project Runway? Who do you think is the best candidate for the competition? They usually just use a pattern as a basis or mostly draft their own patterns for their creations on PatternReview.com. They are truly a designer.
My Personal Private Tutor
- A PR member from whom you've learned the most and follow each and every post of theirs in the hopes of learning something new. Whenever you are stuck in the middle of the night, you jump on the boards hoping that they are still awake and can help you right away.
- A reviewer known to come up with fabulous clothing made from old RTW.
Best outside the box
- The title explains it all. Often "breaks" the usual rules and make impossible, possible. Makes you wonder... hmmm.. .why didnt I think of that?
The award winners will get a special logo displayed next to their name in their profiles and will be awarded a certificate each. They will also get a special image button to display on their blogs/websites and a PatternReview.com Polo Shirt. The winners will be announced in the newsletter as well.
Comments Login to Add a Comment
| Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Archives December,2015 (1) November,2015 (21) October,2015 (17) September,2015 (14) August,2015 (10) July,2015 (13) June,2015 (14) May,2015 (12) April,2015 (11) March,2015 (17) February,2015 (15) January,2015 (16) December,2014 (16) November,2014 (17) October,2014 (19) September,2014 (20) August,2014 (19) July,2014 (15) June,2014 (17) May,2014 (20) April,2014 (21) March,2014 (23) February,2014 (20) January,2014 (15)