Amy Butler AB024MB High Street Messenger Bag
Designed with both girls and guys in mind. A clean, modern shaped messenger-style bag that maximizes space while remaining sleek in it’s silhouette. With multiple interior pockets, an easy access pocket on the flap interior, stylish pleated pockets, and a super-easy magnetic or Velcro™ closure–this bag is as functional as it is fashionable. For the classroom, boardroom, or wherever life takes you. Interior holds 14"x12"x3", enough for a 14" laptop and notebooks!
If you would like to use your messenger bag to carry a laptop computer and/or electronic equipment, we recommend you use Velcro™ for your bag's closure. A magnetic closure could harm your computer hard drive or equipment.
Finished size: 12 1/2" wide x 15" tall plus a 42" long Shoulder Strap x 3 1/2" deep
- 1 1/2 yards of 44" wide heavyweight Home Decorator fabric for the Exterior
- 2 1/2 yards of 44" wide heavyweight Home Decorator fabric for the Lining
- 1 1/4 yards of 60" wide 10 oz. cotton canvas or Natural Duck Cloth for the interfacing. The canvas we used is a cotton canvas made by Thompson Manufacturing. You can substitute with a Natural Duck Cloth manufactured by Schott International, Inc.
- 1 sheet of 10" x 12" EZ™ Extra Thick Template Plastic found at most Quilting stores or 1 piece of 1/8" thick heavy pressed cardboard (you can use the cardboard from the back of writing pads or purchase "chipboard" from an arts supply store.)
- 3 coordinating 12" zippers
- 1 spool of coordinating thread
- Use size 16 or 18 - heavyweight sewing machine needles
- 3/4" "Dritz™" magnetic snap (found in most craft and sewing stores)
- Option: If using the bag for a computer/equipment, please use Velcro™ for the closure.
- 1" of 3/4" sew-on Velcro™