Sewing Machine Reviews> Juki> MO-1000

About Tommy1969
Member since: 1/18/14
sewing machines reviewed: 2

Posted on:8/1/14 5:33 PM
(Updated: 8/1/14 5:35 PM)
Approx price paid:$1399
Find the right Sewing Machine with the Sewing Machine Search Wizard

Discuss Sewing Machines with PR members Sewing Machine Forum
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people   Very Helpful by 2 people
Review:
Tell us about your first impression when you used this machine. when I first saw the machine I was impressed by the size and the beauty of it.

Was the machine manual sufficient? Yes the manual and DVD was good.

Did you buy any accessories? Do you use them? No

Is this your primary machine?no

Did you take any classes specifically for this machine?no

Was this a gift/pre-owned/garage sale etc?no

How often do you use it? i used it twice

Would you recommend this machine to others?

No I would not recommend it or buying this machine. The Serger seems like a great idea but it is a first edition self threading machine. I got the machine and was so excited! I sat down watched the DVD and read the manual. It was easy to thread, just push a button! I bought it online at a well known dealer.

The needle threader is horrible, unless you have a super sonic magnifying glass you can easily use it. All the colors are the same so its really hard to see. I just self threaded the needles.

the machine broke within 5 minutes of using it. The stitch finger popped off and the thread wrapped itself around the needle plate.

going to save up for a Babylock.

Troubleshooting:
Have you had any trouble with this machine? Please elaborate.yes yes yes.

Do you do regular maintenance on this machine? How?

*LOGIN to add a comment to this review
* Only registered members can post comments to the reviews. Membership is free. if you are not a member, please Sign-up now!

5 Comments
grays08 said... (8/11/14 9:37 AM) Reply
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. You are right, there is always trial and error with a first series machine. I love mine despite having the initial pedal problems but have found the corrected one to be good and enjoy the machine. I do appreciate your review though as all experiences are valid and great to hear. Hope you find one that you enjoy, it's not worth it to be unhappy. : )
annenet said... (8/4/14 9:11 AM) Reply
Sorry to hear of the problems you had. Definitely go with Babylock the next time. Love my Enlighten!
Tommy1969 said... (8/1/14 10:23 PM) Reply
My review is the second one that had something negative happen. I think Juki is a Great machine but this machine is new to the market, the next one will even better. For now I am going to save for Babylock. MartiP, Try it maybe you wont get a "lemon" but dont buy it online at SMP.com, Their return policy stinks.
KPM said... (8/1/14 8:02 PM) Reply
This is too bad. Jukis are usually so reliable, and there are other very positive reviews on this machine. I wonder what went wrong?
MartiP said... (8/1/14 7:53 PM) Reply
and I was going to get one! I am really surprised because my present serger, made by Juki, has been so great.

Juki MO 655DE

by: Robin Denn...

Sewing Workshop Oasis Skirt Pattern

Sewing Workshop Oasis Skirt Pattern

Favorite Things The Wrap Dress Pattern

Favorite Things The Wrap Dress Pattern

Add a Sewing Machine Review    Read All Sewing machine Reviews

Copyright © 2015 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.