Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4648 (Lizzie Skirt/Pants/Top/Poncho)

Reviewed by:Steffie

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Other Projects by Steffie using this Pattern

Steffie said... (7/11/05 5:35 PM) Reply
I purchased the bias fusible tape from It is the DesignPlus brand. They make double sided fusible and also straight (not bias) in black and white. Great stuff! Thanks for the nice comments!
JDpenelope said... (7/11/05 10:28 AM) Reply
Hiliary - I'm also interested in what fusible tape Steffie used. I like Steam a Seam lite for knits, but have used stitch witchery, too. Lately, for some reason, most of my knits haven't been waving--maybe it's my new sewing machine--so I don't use anything! Of course, testing first is essential.
Hilary said... (7/11/05 9:14 AM) Reply
where do you get this fusible bias tape? what is it called (brand?) Is it like stitch witchery? Your dd's top is really cute, though it does sound like a lot of work! I 've heard of this tape before, but never seen it. Thanks!
melgosews said... (7/11/05 8:25 AM) Reply
Very cute, this top turned out so nice!
hongkongshopper said... (7/10/05 10:27 PM) Reply
Nice top! Your daughter looks very smart.
JDpenelope said... (7/10/05 10:14 PM) Reply
This is a terrific review and your top turned out beautiful. It fits your daughter so well--the raised neckline is just right. I'm not experienced enough to do a binding on a square neckline, so I've made a few tops from this pattern with a higher, rounded neckline, skipping the facing. The double layers in front are nice, though, when using white, as we both did. Your idea to line the back is a good one--provided one chooses very lightweight fabric. BTW, I believe your ruching turned out better than mine.
sosoatsewing said... (7/10/05 8:59 PM) Reply
Steffie, your top looks so cute for being a PITA....