Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3255 (Women Jackets & Top)

Reviewed by:Irene Q

About Irene Qstarstarstarstar
NH USA
Member since: 3/19/04
Posted on:7/11/05 9:14 AM
Last Updated:7/11/05 9:14 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Plus

Other Projects by Irene Q using this Pattern

Learn To Sew said... (7/12/05 12:23 PM) Reply
Irene, You will definately want to try making this shirt smaller in the shoulders. I have no idea if KS has this pattern in a Misses size. Probably. I am new to fitting, but the side veiw of the shoulders really is way too big on you. The blouse looks nice and a lovely color. I wondered if you lowered the dart, and then I read that you had. Is that the correct place one should be? I do not know where a dart should be placed on the bust. As I said, I am new to altering, and I am just beginning to look at clothes and have some idea what is not correct in fit. I would not have noticed this last month or maybe even 2 weeks ago. I have learned so much from PR. All in all, I think you did a Great job! Carol
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/11/05 9:47 AM) Reply
Irine, thank you again for reviewing a plus-size pattern I was hesitant to start. Your review was very helpful. Kwik Sew is also very large in the shoulders and neck on me.
oracle said... (7/11/05 9:46 AM) Reply
Irene Q is a great reviewer, in my opinion! VERY clear, the "right" details included, and a very good writer, too! I think this is probably my favourite review I've read so far on patternreview. Sincerely, oracle, in Canada.
sherri2sew said... (7/11/05 9:41 AM) Reply
Thanks, I was planning on making this one, so the review was a big help. And I love how you made the understitching a "design detail".

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns