Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2247 (Misses' & Plus Size Amazing Fit Dresses)

Reviewed by:Iamaccur8

About Iamaccur8star
United Kingdom
Member since: 7/6/14
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:7/14/14 5:43 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
marykpfist said... (7/15/14 6:38 AM) Reply
I think you did an excellent job fitting- especially in the back which can be so tricky. I agree with Laurasews-- I was thinking this looked nice on you! I too like a shorter skirt, and I think the fabric choice is not that flattering, but your fit is working! :-)
Laurasews said... (7/14/14 11:48 AM) Reply
I actually think this is a flattering dress on you. Try cutting a smaller size for the neck/shoulder area only. This gives you very nice waist definition and will look great in a nice fabric, I think.
Janie Viers said... (7/14/14 8:34 AM) Reply
Again, this dress should be made in the size dictated by matching your high bust to the bust size. The dress would look great in a flowy print. I think that the dress actually looks rather well suited to me and I am busty and fluffy.
Janie Viers said... (7/14/14 8:28 AM) Reply
Sewingnutter said... (7/14/14 6:06 AM) Reply
Hi Iamaccur8, Welcome to this site, I see you are a new member. Thanks for showing your muslin of this pattern; I was considering it and it looks better on you (a real woman) than I think it does from the picture of a v slender young thing. I think it fits you pretty well in the back and shoulders. Maybe you just did well with the photo to hide the bits you dislike.

by: dinagideon