Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2217 (Misses' Amazing Fit Dresses)

Reviewed by:Iamaccur8

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

coutureparmoi said... (7/16/14 8:57 AM) Reply
with an adjustment of the bodice this will be very flattering for you. I completed my toile of this dress on Saturday, intresting that i also had the same drag lines from the skirt pleats to hip seam although mine was more prominant on my right side (unfortunalty I didn't notice until I had already taken it apart to transfer the alterations to my pattern), it was only when I sent a picture of the fitting to a friend I noticed it, I wondered if it was due to the fact I cut my bodice 2 sizes smaller than the skirt/waitband and had not graduated my seams properly between the sizes. In order for the neck to stay flat I had to pin out a dart I plan to ease this with a neckline stay, but I will also try the shouder pads as LynneH has suggested. I could post a review of my toile see what you think, but I only have a picture from the front
LynneH said... (7/15/14 7:45 AM) Reply
I have made this dress and am wondering if you need to take the shoulder seams up a bit. But, I think this pattern calls for shoulder pads so that would change the look at the shoulders, so try tacking the shoulder pads in before you make any changes. I know when I made this dress I was hesitant to put them in but did and was glad I did Thank you for posting all of your reviews on your quest to find the perfect dress.
Geejay said... (7/15/14 5:13 AM) Reply
I've looked at all 3 of your muslins(toile) I think that the two v neck dresses are definitely worth persevering with. I have 2217 and have never sewn it,but I think I may give it a shot.it seems to be a very flattering dress. Thanks for reviewing these dresses it is very helpful.

by: BiKe