Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 3242 (Underwear for Men, Women and Children )

Reviewed by:BluestRose

Pattern Photo:Jalie 3242
Jalie Pattern Info

More Info provided by BluestRose

Pattern Rating:Highly Recommend
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Underwear    Lingerie    Kids(boys & girls)
Fabric:Cotton Jersey  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description: Underwear pattern for women, men, boys and girls.

Pattern Sizing:29 sizes. I made size T.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy, instructions and illustrations are very good. One tip I would give is to not over-stretch the elastic. My previous versions didn't turn out quite as well as the ones pictured here.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I love the fit. The size T matches my measurements exactly and I didn't have to make any adjustments. I also like that the elastic is not exposed so they are very comfortable to wear.

Fabric Used:100% cotton jersey left over from a t-shirt I made. This is a great pattern for using up knit scraps.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:I made view B, the high waist bikini, but lowered the waist about 1 3/4" and used 1/2" elastic for the waistband instead of 3/4".

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?I have made this several times already. I just love it.

Conclusion: This is an awesome pattern. I'll use again and again, and may use it to make bottoms for a two piece swimsuit sometime.

Ottobre Woman Magazine 02-2012-1