Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2808 (Anne Klein suit)

Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:7/19/05 7:17 AM
Last Updated:7/19/05 7:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

KarmenG said... (7/19/05 11:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent review. I have this pattern and will use your review as reference if I decide to try it. That being said - the jacket looks very nice on you - but understandable not what you might have imagined. We are so tough on ourselves. The 6 foot rule should apply to the topstitching - if the imperfections aren't seen from 6 feet it's probably just fine!
AnneM said... (7/19/05 7:51 PM) Reply
Much cuter than the UPS man. It is always a tough decision on these: try again to take advantage of the work already done, or move on to a different pattern.
hongkongshopper said... (7/19/05 6:13 PM) Reply
Oh well, it still looks good. Perhaps with a crisper fabric and full interfacing it would look like how you envisaged. Perhaps another go (after a suitable rest period!). After all you have the fit done already!?
CarolynGM said... (7/19/05 5:54 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warnings, and I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with your jacket. I have this pattern and would like to make it. I will definitely study your review before I do.
jlg said... (7/19/05 12:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warnings about this jacket.
drsue said... (7/19/05 9:55 AM) Reply
Bummer! Thanks for the warning.
Frogstitcher said... (7/19/05 9:53 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review. Your outfit is very nice. I have this pattern and your review will be very helpful to me when I venture forth (sleeve length).
Anne Frances said... (7/19/05 9:24 AM) Reply
Your reviews are always helpful and often inspiring. If you weren't happy with this there is no hope for the rest of us. Thanks for the warning - this is one I shan't be looking at!
Lisette said... (7/19/05 9:07 AM) Reply
Your jacket does look nice. Gabardine is a tough fabric to work with as it does not ease easily and the stretch factor might have contribute to your problems.
Teri said... (7/19/05 8:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review, and I don't think you look like the UPS guy.....well at least not mine:)
sashagsd said... (7/19/05 8:56 AM) Reply
I'm just venturing into more difficult patterns and this review tells me I don't want to go there! Thanks for saving me a world of frustration!
Lisa Laree said... (7/19/05 8:28 AM) Reply
Aren't we our harshest critics? It really doesn't look bad in the photo, but I can sympathize with the frustration factor! I appreciate the comments on the pattern and construction...lots of help (warning? ;) ) for the next person.

by: gabc